Skip to content
- 1 village chicken / kampung chicken (cut into half)
- 500ml water
- 24g chinese yam (Huai Shan)
- 18g Codonopsis Root (Dang Shen)
- 16g Yu Zhu (Solomon’s Seal Rhizome)
- 22g dried longan (Long Yan Gan)
- 10g wolfberries (Gou Qi Zi)
- 6 red dates (Hong Zao)
- 3g Chuan Xiong (Szechwan Lovage Rhizome)
- 5g Tang Gui (Angelica Sinensis)
- 15g Bei Qi (Astragalus Membranaceus)
- ¼ salt
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- Wash and rinse all herbs, drained. In a deep plate, place all herbs and add water. Steam for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Using a 18cm casserole pot, add half of the steamed herbs to line the bottom of the pot then add chicken. Add the remaining herbs and water.
- Fill inner pot with 2 inch high water. Place low steam rack into inner pot and then place casserole pot onto steam rack. Select “Stew” function and adjust timing to 2 hours.