- 1pc Kampung Chicken
- ½ cup Pearl Rice
- 1 pack Chicken Soup Spices
- 10pcs Jujube (Red Dates)
- 6pcs Chinese Wingnut (Black Dates)
- 20g Ginseng Root
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1000ml Water
- Right amount of Rice Wine
- Right amount of Salt
- Soak the pearl rice for 2 hours, drain it and set aside.
- Clean the chicken inside and out, stuff the chicken cavity with soaked pearl rice, 5pcs jujube, 3pcs chinese wingnut, ½ portion of ginseng root, garlics, use the tooth stick to sew up the chicken.
- Put the chicken inside the inner pot, add in the chicken soup spices pack, water and the balance herbs, close the lid, select function “Soup” for 30 minutes.
- Once the pressure is released completely, seasoning the soup with rice wine and salt to tase before serve.
- Pearl rice or brown rice are needed to soak to cook well.
- Brown rice and glutinous rice are needed to soak 1 night.
- My choice is pearl rice; glutinous rice is also one of the preferable rice to cook.