- 2 tbsp dried shrimp (soaked with 1⁄2 cup of water)
- 10 shallots
- 5 dried chilies (soaked with warm water)
- 10 red chili (deseed)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 25g balacan
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bowl dried anchovies (head and digetive tissues removed)
- 1 onion (shredded)
- 150g of petai beans (cut into half, soaked in water)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Add soaked dried shrimp and all sambal ingredient (A) into blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Smash balacan into small pieces, toast with a pan and set aside.
- Heat oil with wok, pour in dried shrimp and chilli mixture, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add balacan
- Add 1 tablespoon oil into the Buffalo Pro Chef Plus inner pot, add dried anchovies, select “Fry” function, tilt the pot to right and fry until crispy.
- Add in onion, select “Fry” function, cook until onion turn soft.
- Add in petai bens and sambal, tilt the cooker to stir all ingredient evenly for a few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of water and continue stirring for about 3 minutes. Add in fried anchovies, mix well and dish is ready to serve.