- Clean the pork knuckle and garlic, cut the ginger into slide, get ready for all the ingredients, set aside.
- Prepare a pot of water and put in pork Knuckle, boil it to remove other substance, take out and clean with water immediately to cool down the heat.
- Check every piece of pork knuckle, pluck out the fur and scrape off the dirt with a knife, and wash them clear for later use.
- Add some oil in a frying pan, add in rock sugar, use medium low-heat to stir-fry it until the rock sugar is completely melted, turns to brown color and bubbling, add water to stir it quickly, cook for 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Use another wok to heat up the oil (medium heat), add in shallot pieces, ginger slides, garlics and chili to saute, then add star anise and Sichuan pepper to stir. Lastly, add in the pork knuckle, seasoning it with soy sauce and oyster soy sauce and stir until brown color and full of meat scent.
- Transfer the dish to electrical pressure cooker, pour the fried melted sugar, shao hsing wine (rice wine), add water to stir evenly, close the lid, select “Meat” function to cook
- The shining and juicy braised pork knuckle is ready to serve when the time is up! The soup is super delicious for either rice or noodles!
- Please use a medium low heat for sugar coloring, it will be failed if the fire temperature is too high.
- Every soy sauce has its different taste, please adjust the dosage accordingly. * Rice wine is acceptable to replace shao hsing wine.
- Do not use high heat to saute the spices as well.