Skip to content
- 600gm pork belly (cut into 4cm x 4cm cubes)
- 1 daikon (cut into ½ inch thick rounds)
- 1 stalk leek (cut into large sections)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp cooking sake
- ½ tsp salt
- 400ml water
- Wash and rinse pork belly. Pat dry with kitchen towel. Place pork belly on plate and sprinkle salt & black pepper all over pork belly.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for braising liquid until well combined. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add pork belly. Pan fry all sides until golden brown, removed and set aside.
- Place pork belly, daikon, leek and braising liquid into inner pot. Select “Steam” function and adjust timing to 45 minutes.
- Served with white rice.